Tobago Fashion Coda is almost here and the excitement is palpable. Tobago is buzzing, not just with the excitement of international and local performers visiting the island for the Tobago Jazz Experience, but for the CODA event, now an officially listed event on the Jazz calendar. CODA is a dynamic fusion of fashion, art, music and entertainment brilliantly hosted at the Magdalena Grand Beach and Golf Resort. All over the Caribbean, tourism officials have seen the relevance of matching music events with fashion and tourism. Producer of the show, Don Grant, CEO of DG Events says “Tobago Fashion Coda is going to be magical. We are excited about its continued development into an event which propels the local fashion and tourism industries. An event like this showcases the best mix of Tobago, it's multiple products in one, it's tourism, fashion, entertainment, commerce and promotion successfully mixed together – just like our delicious Coda Cocktails – Exquisite”.
On Thursday April 21st starting at 6pm, guests will be greeted by sweet pan music from Petrotrin Katzenjammers, with authentic Tobagonian foods such as “buck buck”, crab and dumplings, curried goat, fish fingers and many more items as well as an international carving station, this will be an unparalleled culinary experience.
Tobago Fashion Coda is pleased to have secured continued support from the Tobago House of Assembly, the Magdalena Grand Beach and Golf Resort, Advanced Dynamics, Blink / Bmobile, Sebastien Hair Products and AS Bryden & Sons. With a theme of Tobago Power, the show is designed to empower everyone in our society, a showcase of our strength and influence on our country. This year’s dress code colour is black to represent power, and a show of strength and solidarity when times are challenging.
- The 10 Designers – CODA presents a talented list of dynamic designers from both Tobago and Trinidad. We will experience engaging collections from ten of our top designers. The designers and their collections are: Cee Wee Designs-Crosswalk stepping over in style; CLD-Resort Bridal 2016, Dellez Fashion-Euphoria; IsayU- Couture Line for Men; MILLHOUSE- Resort 2016 – Croton; Movement Bago- Deep Paradi$e; Rhion Romany- CÆLIA; Saleem Samuel- Holi; Tobago Gyul- Bago Princess; and Yesa Designs-Wed Me in Colour.
- Fashion Meets Art – The Dying Swan comes to Coda! When iconic mas man, Peter Minshall made a return to the Carnival scene this year with his awesome design entitled The Dying Swan – Ras Nijinsky in Drag as Pavlova, everyone was intrigued by the elegant, dramatic masquerade. The CODA production team saw, beyond the Mas and saw the dress. This gown, long, floating and ethereal in its beauty was definitely a work of Art and high Fashion. The Romantic white Tutu was made by veteran fashion and costume designer Ronald Guy James with 200 yards of layered fabric. The Callaloo Company is excited to bring the Swan to the Coda Runway to showcase the dance of the Swan.
- Tobago Fashion Coda goes international with Live streaming from Advanced Dynamics Limited. With a multi-camera set-up, the show will be broadcasted live on www.carnivaltv.net where buyers, Fashion associations and Fashion aficionados can view the show.
- Coda Things – Designers and Artisans of Tobago showcase their local brands. “Coda Things” takes the form of an Expo from Wednesday 20th – Friday 22nd at the Magdalena Grand. The vendors for Coda Things will include – 100% Local Souvenir; African Ark Jewelry And Clothing Designs; Afro Gypsy Nook; Bring Out A New Look; Cee Wee Designs; Culture Craft, I say U; Krystals Fashion’s; Lyn Plusxclusive Designs; Osanie Designs; Saba Craft Colours
- Designers of the future. A few Students have been selected from Signal Hill Secondary School to work backstage assisting the stage manager and designers in getting the models ready for the Runway. In fact a few of them may even grace the runway for the show.
- An entertainment cast with scintillating performers Adanna and Yolanda, Angel Journey and DJ – Alicia The Duchess will keep the party going after the Runway Show.
Tickets for this All-Inclusive event have been reduced to $600 and are available in Tobago at Time to Wine, Renmar’s, Pigeon Point; Rachad’s Menswear, Carnbee and Bang Bang, Shoppes at West City. Tickets can also be bought in Trinidad at CLD on Gallus Street, Peter Elias at West Mall and Colthrust PR on Alfredo Street, Woodbrook. They will also be available online at islandetickets.com. For further information call 682-0007 or 639-0216, or email email@example.com.